Auto Accident Injury Treatment with our Florence Chiropractor
As a chiropractor in Florence, AL, Dr. Bailey Carroll has extensive training in a variety of chiropractic care techniques. He uses these to design individualized treatment plans for people struggling with auto accident injury.
Think your past auto accident injury was “too minor” to cause problems? Think again: even fender benders at 10 miles per hour can lead to issues.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
The most common types of auto accident injury we see include:
- Whiplash: neck strain secondary to rapid flexion and extension of the cervical spine (which happens when a car suddenly decelerates or changes direction); this can lead to headaches, jaw pain, stiffness and pain in the neck and shoulders, and numbness and tingling in the arms and hands
- Disc herniation or disc bulge: a herniated disc occurs when the outer layer of disc ruptures and the inner disc material leaks out into the surrounding joint space; if the disc protrudes out of place but doesn’t tear and rupture, this is called a bulging disc
- Vertebral joint subluxation: joints are forced out of alignment, which can irritate nearby nerve endings and lead to inflammation and pain; if a fracture of the vertebral bone is involved, this is called spondylolisthesis
- Radiculopathy: compression of a spinal nerve root, generally due to an injured disc, muscle spasm, or dislocated joint
- Shoulder dislocation or strain: the impact of a seat belt can lead to damage of the nerves, muscles, labrum, and ligament within the area
How Our Florence Chiropractor Manages Auto Accident Injury—And Why You Should Seek Treatment ASAP
We don’t recommend delaying care following an auto accident. Inflammation and tissue damage can occur and in some cases even go unnoticed for an extended period of time until fight-or-flight hormones like adrenaline (which have a natural pain-blocking effect) return to their pre-accident levels.
For natural relief without pain or invasive procedures, consider what your Florence chiropractor can offer you or your loved one:
- Chiropractic adjustments and spinal decompression: non-surgical ways to realign your spinal joints, help nerves heal and resume normal alignment, and alleviate compressed nerves
- Stem cell therapy: rejuvenate injured tissues and accelerate healing from “undifferentiated” stem cells in your own blood or bone marrow
- Massage therapy and dry needling: to alleviate tension in tissues and promote healing blood flow
- Physical rehabilitation: to help you restore strength, mobility, and endurance of injured tissues following the initial healing phase