Neck Pain Relief from Your Chiropractor in Florence, AL
The neck, or cervical spine, is an incredible structure that supports the entire weight of a person’s head, approximately 12 pounds. Among parts of the body, however, the neck is one of those most susceptible to injury. Many patients seeking neck pain treatment at our Alabama Chiropractic Spine & Joint Clinic can no longer perform regular daily activities. Fortunately, our chiropractor in Florence can help them achieve relief thanks to natural treatments that exclude surgery or medication.
What Causes Neck Pain?
The neck’s flexibility increases the chance of injuries and discomfort. These are the most common causes of neck pain:
- Injuries and accidents. They could cause whiplash, which generates muscle contracture and fatigue, resulting in stiffness. Whiplash might also include injuring a joint between spinal vertebrae, muscles, discs, nerve roots, or ligaments.
- Increasing age. Degenerative disorders such as arthritis and spinal stenosis often link to aging.
- Osteoarthritis. Bone spurs form as cartilage continues to deteriorate, affecting how joints move.
- Degenerative disc disease. Herniated discs cause pain, tingling, and/or numbness.
- Spinal stenosis. Potential pain in the neck, shoulder, and arm develops with nerve root entrapment. Numbness is common.
- Daily living. Common issues such as weak abdominal muscles, stress, obesity, and poor posture determine how a neck can move. Possible outcomes include stiffness and pain.
Chiropractic care focuses on relief from pain after searching for the reason for a patient’s discomfort rather than merely treating its symptoms. Once the reason is apparent, our doctor creates a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Natural Neck Pain Treatment Options
The first step in determining the most appropriate plan for neck pain treatment is a comprehensive physical and neurological examination. For some patients, imaging such as X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans is also beneficial in arriving at a diagnosis.
The primary chiropractic method for treating neck pain is the use of neck adjustments, also known as cervical manipulations. This completely natural therapy boosts the mobility of the spine and increases the range of motion.
These adjustments can also increase movement of muscles adjoining the spine. Patients find it easier to turn and tilt their heads. They typically report less pain, soreness, and stiffness.
Many treatment plans include additional therapies. Examples are corrective exercises, massage, and mobilization.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Chiropractor in Florence
While many individuals who visit our Alabama Chiropractic Spine & Joint Clinic seek relief from neck or back pain, some simply want to feel better when they awaken each day. Our chiropractor in Florence, Dr. Bailey Carroll, employs a whole-person approach in treating patients. Contact us today at (256) 284-7179 to schedule an appointment and regain the lifestyle you love.